Skills & Tech
I am a highly skilled software engineer who prides himself on completing tasks on time while maintaining high quality standards and adhering to software development best practices. I...
- mentor and train junior developers and implement coding standards;
- do everything from infrastructure configuration to backend and frontend design and implementation;
- plan, research, estimate and develop solutions for Federal & State Government and private-sector contracts;
am responsible for architecting and developing sophisticated SOAP and RESTful API (HealthIndicators.gov);
- make and implement high-level decisions regarding overall application architecture, use and design;
- design and develop entire SQL Server databases; inspect queries and apply performance updates as needed; and
- am constantly learning new technologies, frameworks and tools.
Certifications & Skills
- CMMI for Development v1.3 certified.
- Bottom-up database design and development.
- Project & feature design and development.
- UI design and implementation.
- Clean, organized, efficient, reusable code.
- Automating as much as possible, whenever possible.
- Writing and delivering internal and external documentation, demos, presentations, tutorials, etc.
- .NET, C#, ASP.NET MVC, ASP.NET WebForms, Ruby on Rails, PHP, Java, Hibernate, Spring, Struts
- Visual Studio, Eclipse, NetBeans
Git, Subversion, TFS/TFVC — view my profile on Github
- IIS, Apache, Nginx, Tomcat, Weblogic
- SQL Server, MySQL, Oracle
- Windows, Linux
- Networking, DNS, server management (Windows, Linux, Amazon Web Services)
- Keeping up with the latest in software development.
3D printing — QuantumConcepts on Thingiverse.com.
- General DIY and learning how things work.
- Technology, astronomy, travel, photography.