Skills & Tech
I am a highly skilled lead software engineer who prides himself on completing tasks on time while maintaining high quality standards and adhering to software development best practices. I...
- mentor and train team members, implement coding standards, conduct code reviews and manage pull requests;
- do everything from infrastructure configuration to backend and frontend design and implementation;
- plan, research, estimate and develop solutions for Federal & State Government and private-sector contracts;
- am responsible for designing and developing sophisticated RESTful APIs;
- make and implement high-level decisions regarding overall application architecture, use and design;
- design and develop databases; inspect queries and apply performance updates as needed; utilize CouchDB and Elasticsearch databases; and
- am constantly learning new technologies, frameworks and tools.
Certifications & Skills
- Manage and task team members as lead developer.
- CMMI for Development v1.3 certified.
- Bottom-up database design and development.
- Project & feature design and development.
- UI design and implementation.
- Clean, organized, efficient, reusable code.
- Automating as much as possible, whenever possible.
- Writing and delivering internal and external documentation, demos, presentations, tutorials, etc.
- .NET, C#, WebAPI 2, ASP.NET MVC & WebForms
- Java, Spring Boot, Hibernate, Flyway, Gradle
- Node/NPM, JSPM, SystemJS, WebPack, Rollup, NuGet
- Visual Studio, VS Code, IntelliJ IDEA, Eclipse, NetBeans
- Git, Subversion, TFS/TFVC — view my profile on Github
- IIS, Nginx
- Elasticsearch, CouchDB, SQL Server, MySQL, Oracle
- Windows, Linux
- Networking, DNS, server management (Windows, Linux, Amazon Web Services)
- Keeping up with the latest in software development.
- 3D printing — QuantumConcepts on Thingiverse.com.
- General DIY and learning how things work.
- Technology, astronomy, travel, photography, family.