5/2018 - Present
Lead Software Engineer
- Lead, support, and mentor team members in daily development activities.
- Perform DevOps tasks to enable continuous integration and ensure smooth deployments.
- Ensure best practices and code quality via code reviews.
- Assist in gathering technical requirements and determining best technical solution for new features.
- Develop software which informs important decisions across the globe.
- Full-stack development using Java, Spring Boot, Hibernate, Gradle, React/Redux, and TypeScript.
11/2008 - Present
Owner / Freelance Contractor
- Work directly with clients to solve technical problems, improve work-flow, and suggest resolutions.
- Research, design, develop, test and deploy software for mobile devices.
- Write applications using the .NET, .NET Core & the .NET Compact Framework.
- Develop and publicly release custom code-generation tool, CodeGenerator (TheCodeGenerator.com), which provides a huge boost to team productivity as well as code stability and versatility.
3/2016 - 3/2018
Senior Software Engineer
- Full-stack development using C#, WebApi 2, Elasticsearch, CouchDB and Aurelia.
- Maintain, improve, and add features across a dozen micro-services.
- Design and implement RESTful APIs for large Quality Management system.
- Participate in and lead "dev sessions" sharing new technologies, frameworks, and patterns.
9/2015 - 3/2016
- Responsible for full stack development (front-end to API to back-end) for fast-paced, large solution.
- Utilize best-practices such as dependency injection, unit testing, continuous testing and continuous integration.
- Create and update internal NuGet packages, Visual Studio extensions, and Visual Studio analyzers (Roslyn) to enforce and enhance development process.
Social & Scientific Systems
5/2010 - 9/2015
Silver Spring, Maryland
Senior Software Engineer
- Selected amongst hundreds of employees to attend months-long Leadership Training instructed by the executive team.
- Participate in and lead CMMI documentation/appraisals, code reviews, client demos, standups, training sessions.
Lead developer for the Health Indicators Warehouse (HealthIndicators.gov) and other government and private-sector web applications.
- Senior Developer responsible for system and database design as well as UI design and implementation.
- Work with database team in order to make performance updates (indexes, etc.) and recommend structural changes.
- Develop unified build process and documentation for performing deployments.
- Deploy to QA, UAT and Production environments and manage all servers from initial configuration onward.
Corporate Executive Board
11/2008 - 11/2009
- Full life-cycle design and development for system to generate reports and benchmarks based on survey data.
- Built on ASP.NET 3.5/WebForms, SQL Server 2005/2008, Aspose.Slides (dynamic PPT altering tool), Dundas Charts.
- Survey data consumption, configuration, calculation, and reporting.
- Ability to perform Dynamic Reporting based on user-selected demographic elements.
- Develop web interface wrapper to interact with survey data provider.
2/2005 - 4/2010
Senior Software Developer
- Design, develop, and unit test complex client/server applications using both .NET Remoting and Web Services API layers.
- Utilize and improve a custom code generator to generate data objects and API layers.
- Lead developer for related public-facing web site.
- Develop complex web application and Windows services using Java/J2EE platform.
- Create and refine complex SQL queries, stored procedures and views on Oracle platform.
- Go-to-guy for network and server configuration.
- Developed in-house time-tracking system.
- Presented software development training courses to other employees.